ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44695 - 11/09/04 08:20 PM Phone and Data Forum
e57 Offline
Loc: S.F.,CA USA
Just a thought, and I know I would appreciate it, but a Phone and Data Forum here would be extra cool, as I know many of us do this type of work.

Wonder if anyone else felt the same?
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#44696 - 11/09/04 10:13 PM Re: Phone and Data Forum
hbiss Offline
Loc: Hawthorne, NY USA
Don't see that many questions to warrant a separate forum IMO. Heck, just ask away here. Besides it's easier, nobody has to go to another forum and everybody's here to answer your question.

-Hal
#44697 - 11/12/04 10:32 PM Re: Phone and Data Forum
Scott35 Offline

Broom Pusher and
Loc: Anaheim, CA. USA
We could incorporate these Topics into the existing Internet/ Computers forum - maybe with a slight name change.

It would be of benefit to include such an area, since many ECs are taking on Comm. System installs now.

I think it would fit in to one of the areas down towards the "Bottom Of The Forums' Main Page" as an inclusion to existing areas.

Scott35
#44698 - 11/13/04 08:12 PM Re: Phone and Data Forum
hbiss Offline
Loc: Hawthorne, NY USA
Many of the phone questions have nothing to do with computers. Also, to tell you the truth I hardly knew there was an Internet/Computers forum and how long have I been here? Probably because it is past the bottom of the page and I have to scroll down to see it and also because I'm just not interested in it.

-Hal
#44699 - 11/13/04 08:54 PM Re: Phone and Data Forum
dereckbc Offline
Loc: Tulsa, OK
I will probable get flamed by the moderators for this, but there is a forum that specializes in this area. It is BICSI.org However it is a very slooooow forum, with mostly installers, and a few designers. You will not find many if any licensed electricians there, rather BICSI certified installers. Anyway the forum is at: http://www.bicsi.org/Forums/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fforums%2fIndex.aspx

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals