ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 264 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
Dave55 Offline OP
I waited around all day waiting for UPS to deliver something that required my signature. They went to the wrong address, so I get to do it again tomorrow.

The bright side is, I emptied the truck and organized it. I need to do this every once in awhile, especially when it's busy, or when I try to cram another 20 lbs. of stuff in it. Tomorrow I'll tackle the garage.

Someone recently posted that they weren't very organized and needed more space. I have always figured a way around getting bigger by organizing better.

So, the question is...what do you do to be organized?

One of the little things I do is...I got a Plano tackle box at WalMart for all my machine screws, nuts, washers and other small parts. It was about $20 and has good containers/covered trays in the bottom section. It's clear plastic on the top.

At my desk (which is usually a disaster) I hang chip-bag-clamps. I hang my bills with the clamps above the desk with the date and amount. That way, no matter how messy my desk gets, I can always see which bill is due next.

Dave

J
I think that may have been me you were talking about. I just put in a few hours on Wed. in the garage. I had the feed back I was given in the back of my mind. Well I managed to clear off a few shelves that hadn't been used in a while. Cans of paint that were almost empty, etc.

Two keys to orginzation I need to follow more often:

1. Throw out more garbage. The hard part is determining what is garbage.

2. You have to do the time. This one is my problem. I find I tend to put things off until I develope a better system to manage them. Part of me wanting more space was to get a better system, and I believe I have some ideas that would really streamline the process, but in the mean time I do have to learn to manage with what I have, and that means putting in the time.

T
twh Offline
For organizing I recommend an apprentice. When you load the truck, just throw it in. When you need something, send the apprentice and complain when it takes a while to find. After two days, when you pick up something to put in the truck, the apprentice will fight you to put it away himself. That's organization!

Link Copied to Clipboard