ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#4018 09/06/01 09:49 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Posted for Tom:

I have a 500,000 sf warehouse (used as cold storage) with 3 substations each have a 12,470 volt feed then a transformer to drop to 277/480 Plus switchgear.

How often does this need to be serviced & cleaned? I was told years ago that it should be serviced & cleaned every 3 to 5 years.

HELP! Thanks Much........Tom McQ

#4019 09/06/01 10:21 PM
G
Whoever told you 3 to 5 years wasn't doing you any favors. If you take the 3 years you are doing it almost twice as often as 5 years. How much to do and how often to do it usually boils down to money and priorities. Other factors like envirommental conditions, how loaded the equipment is, how critical the equipment is and whether you have qualified personnel with the time play a big part in the decision too. There are so many opinions out there that I am not going to post anything free in an open forum to be debated back and forth. Why don't you contact a non-competetive business in your area that has similiar equipment and find out what they do. Visit their facility and note the condition of their equipment and find out if they have had any incidents. Some companies that have qualified personnel on staff will contract to do others medium voltage maintenance to help offset cost of training and workman's comp rates. Sorry for not giving you a quick short answer.

Link Copied to Clipboard