ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40034 - 07/10/04 05:38 PM electrical forms
Randy Offline
Loc: Concord, Va.
guys lookin for a form to use when goin out to do estimate on jobs. Things to look for and take measurements of. Things like service changes, add ons or new construction,. I find myself overlooking important info after leaving the site. A form would help you cover all the bases before shooting off with half the picture.
Thanks
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#40035 - 07/10/04 07:04 PM Re: electrical forms
Scott35 Offline

Broom Pusher and
Loc: Anaheim, CA. USA
Randy,

If you have Excel, or even MS Word, then it may be more helpful for you to create custom Template sheets - especially if you are trying to have punch lists with very specific items.

I am sure there's over 1,000,000 different punch lists / hit lists available from 1,024² Companies + Freeware/Public Domain publishers, so there's always the option of a Google search.

Personally, I have always made my own documents... either "Pre-PC" days with paper and pencil (+ Copier... of course!), or in the "Neo-PC" days via Excel, AutoCAD, Formtool, or for the really old days... Wordstar, Word Perfect and Lotus 1,2,3 for DOS.

Scott 35
#40036 - 07/11/04 06:35 AM Re: electrical forms
PCBelarge Offline
Loc: Dobbs Ferry, NY, USA
Randy
NEBS business has premade estimate forms that are not too bad, with room to add stuff. Scott's idea is very good if you use a computer, as it can be modified for specific jobs or to add things as time changes.

Pierre
#40037 - 07/11/04 06:46 AM Re: electrical forms
Attic Rat Offline
Loc: Bergen Co.,N.J. USA
...I went out and bought "Nova Invoices and Estimates Pro" from Staples..It cost me about $50.00,but I honestly haven't done anything with it yet,..I'm quite computer illiterate..but if you are looking for a good piece of software,this is it..you can design your own forms the way you like them,and even add a logo,if you have one..I gotta devote more time to learn it through,but I've tinkered with it,and it's pretty cool..Good Luck..
Russ

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals