ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37723 - 05/05/04 02:41 PM Resources
fewellcrew Offline
Loc: Rockford, IL, USA
I'm wondering how one goes about finding out about pending jobs for Residential work. Are there any sources out there (internet) that would help. Does one contact builders, realtors, general contractors or what? Any suggestions appreciated!!
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#37724 - 05/05/04 03:14 PM Re: Resources
djpep55 Offline
Loc: Crystal Lake, IL USA
You're in my area, f-w-c, so I might be able to help. I see from your bio that you're working in sales (C-H or QO by chance?)& part-time electrician. If you don't already have a license, get one. Get insurance, advertise, and network. A lot of people join the local Chamber of Commerce. Network with all those you mentioned as well as with inspectors. I get a fair amount of work from the local building department. I also get a fair amount of work from people at church. If you do good work and take care of people, they'll pass your name along.

Good Luck

Dave

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 51
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 17
Trumpy 16
Ruben Rocha 13

Newest Members
clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2, sureshazhagai

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals