ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3603 - 08/23/01 07:48 AM Making it look good
Dallas Offline
Loc: North Salem, IN 46165
I've installed a number of the "hockey puck" under-counter halogen lights lately in homes. They're great money makers, easy to install, and fairly inexpensive to buy. But, installing the transformer (they're 12 volt fixtures) and making the 120v primary connections so that they're enclosed and up to NEC, and still make the connections and the box unobtrusive, has me scratching my head. I can't seem to get "up to NEC" and "unobtrusive" to happen at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Dallas
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#3604 - 08/23/01 02:20 PM Re: Making it look good
Jim M Offline
Loc: Chestertown, MD, USA
I have mounted the transformer above the cabinets when there was no bulkhead or in the basement when there is a bulkhead. I run non-metallic cable in the wall to the bottom edge of the cabinet and then switch to the LV cable.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals