by Potseal
12/01/16 09:59 AM
Wow, that was close!
by jraef
11/28/16 07:06 PM
Earthquake in New Zeeland
by RODALCO
11/27/16 11:25 PM
Calling all Non-US members!! (Non-US only)
by Tjia1981
11/27/16 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 15
HotLine1 10
Trumpy 8
Texas_Ranger 8
sparkyinak 7
Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35863 - 03/22/04 09:27 AM new member
pose Offline

Loc: monroe/la/usa
i've read a lot of post here and there great.last year i was layed off from a ammonia plant in la. after 19 years of service.i had been an operater-pipefitter-welder.at my previous employer,i had done a lot of electrical work-service runs, push button controls and so on.i'm about half way through an electrical program from p.d.c.i. its an at home course.i also ordered the book industrial motor control from this site.it looks like its going to be a very informing book.anyway i plan on finishing my career in the electrical field.i am employed at the moment, in a papermill pushing 5000lb rolls of paper around at 50 yrs. old.can't do that much longer.after i finish my electrical program,i would like to go to work at a local company brush up on the field and study for my la license.could someone tell me what the test might consist of.thanks

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Arc Flash Clothing, Gloves, KneePads, Tool Belts, Pouches, Tool Carriers, etc. etc....

#35864 - 03/22/04 06:21 PM Re: new member
Attic Rat Offline

Loc: Bergen Co.,N.J. USA
... Code theory, Load calculations, Ampacity factors,Derating for conductors,Conduit Fill,Box fill,Transformer wiring, Business Law, Alarm, and Fire Alarm systems (in NJ)..and alot more than can be listed,... work for a licenced contractor for at least 5 yrs,..apply what you've learned, then take a prep course on the exam..
It ain't easy... Good Luck,
Russ

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals