ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3577 - 08/22/01 07:58 AM referral company
aldav53 Offline
Loc: Chandler, AZ USA
I signed up with a referral company called "Service Magic" and found out later that they charge you even if you don't get the job and there can be 3 or 4 contractors bidding on the same job. Needless to say I cancelled my membership. Has anyone else tried this? or even heard of it?
#3578 - 08/22/01 08:45 AM Re: referral company
George Corron Offline
Loc: Lorton, Va USA
Years ago there was a company called "Mr. Build", real slick salesmen, almost talked me into it. The only time I hired an attorney for the entire 12 years I was in business was to look over the contract. He said the contract was very binding, and promised me nothing, only promised them a bunch of my money. People who signed up went broke and got zero. I'd be very leary of these sharks.
#3579 - 08/23/01 02:31 PM Re: referral company
Jim M Offline
Loc: Chestertown, MD, USA
I have signed up with Improvenet. There is a lead fee but only if you express interest. There is also a win fee that varies with the contract price.

I have not gotten many leads recently.

Try their website: www.improvenet.com

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 81 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
KrmtFrg, Stack, Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals