ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35586 - 03/15/04 07:01 AM On Line Referals ???
Megawatt Offline
Loc: Lexington,Ky, USA
Has anyone used one of those On Line Referal services ? They supposedly check all of your qualifications, Insurance etc. make you a Web Page, and when a prospective Customer in your area goes through their service, they provide them a Link to the Web Page they have created for your Company. All for a fee of course...just wondering if it was worht it or not...
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#35587 - 03/15/04 06:05 PM Re: On Line Referals ???
Attic Rat Offline
Loc: Bergen Co.,N.J. USA
...I've heard of it, Megawatt,never used it tho'....if you do go with it,please let us know how it worked out...
Russ
#35588 - 03/15/04 09:47 PM Re: On Line Referals ???
DougW Offline
Loc: North Chicago, IL
I'm still listed at Contractor.com.

Only hit I ever got was for a service upgrade about 45 miles from my house... client asking for it to "not cost too much" and prices in advance.

Given the fact that I was new, (and it's 90 mins away in Chicago traffic), I passed on it.

Haven't gotten any more leads from them. Don't know if they're still doing it, or if there's a limit to what potential clients are willing to do online.

After all, having an EC stop by the house to give an estimate is a lot easier and more accurate for both parties than trying to get a price online.
#35589 - 03/16/04 10:08 AM Re: On Line Referals ???
Megawatt Offline
Thanks for the replys.....the fees were 99.00 for the pre-screening & Web Page setup.
And the referals are priced acording to what the prospective customer is wanting. Example: a service upgrade is around $45.00 & a simple repair around $6.00. You tell them how many you want a month, & they quit after you reach the limit.
I asked the Rep "How many did you have within 20 miles of my address last month?" and was told that there were 6...I'm still researchinh it. I'll keep you posted.
#35590 - 03/16/04 03:56 PM Re: On Line Referals ???
Electric Eagle Offline
Loc: Alpharetta, GA
The best thing you could do, IMHO, is pose as a customer for another trade or area and ask the contractor they refer you to if it's worth it. Don't waste their time for bogus estimates, just information.
#35591 - 03/17/04 06:26 AM Re: On Line Referals ???
Megawatt Offline
Thanks Electric Eagle, that's a great idea...then I can talk to someone that's coming from OUR side of the business !

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals