I have enjoyed this forum for some time. I just ran across these photos in a drawer and thought this was a good place to display them.
Several years ago I gave an estimate to do all the electrical on this restaurant. My estimate was too high and the owner went with the cheap estimate. I got the call later after he opened and started having some problems. When you see the pictures you will understand why. Keep in mind this was inspected and passed, I actually saw the certificate and had a fit.
This next picture is just to hard to believe. It is not bad enough that this was all done in romex, a violation in this town, but apparently the metal stud seemed like a good place for a romex connector.
Just in case you are wondering. The disconnect in this next picture is being used and was wired as you see it. The person who wired this didn't feel the need to replace it I guess and while he was at it left the old wires in the box as well.
Needless to say it cost this customer more to fix this mess than the original job would have cost. Not to mention the downtime for his restaurant.
[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 12-29-2003).]