by Tjia1981
10/23/16 12:08 PM
Son of Sparky
by HotLine1
10/20/16 07:43 PM
Speaking of Plugmold ...
by gfretwell
10/17/16 02:37 PM
Broken battery charger? Check for cobwebs!
by gfretwell
10/17/16 02:30 PM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 14
HotLine1 7
ghost307 7
renosteinke 6
Potseal 4
Who's Online
0 registered (), 292 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#30305 - 10/14/03 06:57 PM Licensing in N.Y. need some advise
fiberguy2000 Offline

Loc: medford ny 11763
Hi all hope your well.....anyway as we try and fill out all the applications here, we have come to a hault! Each county requires 2 vouchers to be filled out by a licensed master electrician. Problem is although my husband has 9+ years of experience and the proof (w-2 etc.) He has been a memeber of a local (IBEW) and has worked for really big companies. SO..... he has not actually worked for or closely with (side by side if you will ) with the actual licensee. Before the union he did work side by side with a licensee but unfortuantely, he has passed away. In case your wondering why I have brought up the union it is because he does not want them to know that he is pursuing this and we can all assume that they (the union) does not want him to obtain this license. So just wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar situation? Are these boards (licensing comittes') flexible? HELP?????? anyone.

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Arc Flash Clothing, Gloves, KneePads, Tool Belts, Pouches, Tool Carriers, etc. etc....

#30306 - 10/15/03 06:34 AM Re: Licensing in N.Y. need some advise
Bill Addiss Offline

Loc: NY, USA
Try calling Dept. of Consumer Affairs in Hauppauge to see what they have to say. They may have some alternatives that aren't on the application.

#30307 - 10/15/03 07:20 AM Re: Licensing in N.Y. need some advise
Geno Offline

Loc: Syracuse, NY USA
Here in Upstate NY the union ( IBEW ) was very helpfull and supportive in my quest to obtain my masters license. The BA from the local also sat on the review committee.

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals