ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29729 - 09/23/03 11:39 AM DMM's with built in infrared thermometer.
Andrew Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Hi all. I saw a DMM with a built-in IR thermometer the other day in a magazine but I can't remember who manufactured it. Can anyone help me out with this?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has one of these. I have a Raytek IR gun that I like a bit (don't use it too often) and was thinking it would be nice to have the two products combined in one unit. Does anyone have some experience or advice to help me out? Do you use yours much?
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#29730 - 09/23/03 01:20 PM Re: DMM's with built in infrared thermometer.
Bill Addiss Offline
Loc: NY, USA
Andrew,

Coincidentally we sell them here. It's made by Extech. I'm told the HVAC guys love them.

Extech 400 Series

Bill
#29731 - 09/23/03 01:27 PM Re: DMM's with built in infrared thermometer.
Andrew Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Thanks Bill. Still wondering if anyone out there has one of these. Up to now, I've been kind of a Fluke guy but am open to some alternatives if the quality is still there.
#29732 - 09/23/03 01:47 PM Re: DMM's with built in infrared thermometer.
Bjarney Offline
Loc: West-Southern Inner-Northeast ...
Looks like Fluke currently has only an accessory IR-temp probe for use with DMMs having a DC-millivolt scale. http://www.fluke.com/products/home.asp?PID=8571
#29733 - 09/24/03 03:47 PM Re: DMM's with built in infrared thermometer.
richard Offline
Loc: L.I. New York
Hey guys, I have that IR instrument. I don't use the meter that much, but I find that I use the heat sensor a lot, mostly as a part of trouble shooting various service calls. I like the large display, as well as the laser light which pinpoints the area you are reading. So far I have found it preety accurate, but don't bang it around too much.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals