ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25674 - 05/15/03 04:20 PM Bulldog Panel?
Edward Offline
Loc: California
Hello everyone.
Do you folks have any experience with BULL DOG panels?
Anyhting bad, good or other stories please share.

Edward
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#25675 - 05/15/03 05:26 PM Re: Bulldog Panel?
sparky Offline
Bulldog was probably a big seller at one time, given all the old panels & discos in the field.

The only thing about the res. panel design i really would note is the fact that the 'phases' are left~right, so any multiwire circuit introduced needed to be fished around both sides
#25676 - 05/15/03 06:38 PM Re: Bulldog Panel?
Bjarney Offline
Loc: West-Southern Inner-Northeast ...
I can’t vouch for any interchangeability, but Bull-Dog, I-T-E, Vacu-Break, [Pushmatic] and Siemens seem to have been related over the years. http://www.sea.siemens.com/power/product/pdprodswi.html
#25677 - 05/20/03 06:13 PM Re: Bulldog Panel?
Steve Miller Offline
Loc: Loudoun Cty, VA
We have a bunch of them in my area. You can still get breakers, I believe they're Siemens now. I hate the dern panels. the neutrals were behind the breaker screws. Cost me a few screwdrivers and a few gray hairs. They were also very susceptible to humidity in basements and definitely were not good for SWD duty. The ratchet mechanism in the breakers seemed to quit a lot sooner than most. I can't count the number of breakers I replaced that just wouldn't hold, even with no load.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals