ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#24087 - 04/03/03 01:39 PM re:looking for a testing lab for a milling machine
Doug Scott Offline
Loc: Jonesville, Michigan, USA
HELP
I have a customer who has a electric milling machine that produces 10000 volt, but the machine is old, and has no paper work what so ever for the controls.
I'm looking for a company that will do testing or some sort of UL listing on this.
Hope someone can help me.
Doug
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#24088 - 04/03/03 03:10 PM Re: re:looking for a testing lab for a milling machine
Bjarney Offline
Loc: West-Southern Inner-Northeast ...
For one-off equipment testing and labeling, you might talk to a NETA-member company, found through http://www.netaworld.org/memberlist.cfm?categoryID=7 I’d check with the responsible AHJ for their approval before hiring anyone, though.

Of course, you could have UL do the work. There is also ETL at www.etlsemko.com A generic term for these sort of firms is NRTL…"Nationally Recognized Testing Lab".

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 04-03-2003).]
#24089 - 04/03/03 05:29 PM Re: re:looking for a testing lab for a milling machine
stamcon Offline
Loc: So San Francisco CA
Doug, how and why does the milling machine produce electricity?
#24090 - 04/03/03 05:35 PM Re: re:looking for a testing lab for a milling machine
John Steinke Offline
Loc: Reno,Nv., USA
It sounds like this is an "electrode discharge milling" (or EDM) machine. This machine uses an electric spark to erode the metal, rather than a rotating cutter.
Try your local machine-shop supply house, for leads to a current rep. Or, search the web for the component makers; their manuals are often on-line.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 49
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 18
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals