ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#23789 03/27/03 06:32 PM
R
The forum has contained quite a few queries from persons searching for study courses for exams, code interpretations, etc. Great sources at minimal cost are your colleges, universities, and community colleges. Their course curriculum is based upon state and/or local rules so you are not getting interpretations of the code that may not apply in your area. A typical example is the University of Michigan. They provide courses to prepare the individual for the master’s exam as well as code updates. They have 15 and 30 hour courses that are held at various locations around the state. These colleges and universities also realize that the participants are employed during the day so courses are held with evening classes. Many times with the community colleges the local ahj is the instructor. Its really a win-win situation with the total cost about equal to 2 tickets to see the Cubs try to ply baseball.
Rowdy

#23790 03/27/03 07:59 PM
FYI:
The county vo-tech schools in my part of NJ offer electrical trades courses, and also NEC Classes. The prices are "right" and they have evening classes.
The County College also offers some courses.

We also have some private gentlemen who teach NEC, License, and Inspector courses that are certified by the State Board of Examiners. Prices are decent.

Anyone wanting further info, my e-mail is in my profile.
John

John

Link Copied to Clipboard