by Tjia1981
Yesterday at 12:08 PM
Son of Sparky
by HotLine1
10/20/16 07:43 PM
Speaking of Plugmold ...
by gfretwell
10/17/16 02:37 PM
Broken battery charger? Check for cobwebs!
by gfretwell
10/17/16 02:30 PM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 13
HotLine1 7
ghost307 7
renosteinke 6
Potseal 4
Who's Online
0 registered (), 288 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#217656 - 10/01/16 04:42 PM Recreational Trailer Power Supply
David1 Offline

Loc: Ohio
Greetings Ya'll,

This is my first post to the group, & I've probably started out doing my search for data wrong, cuz' no matter what I type in the Search Bar, it keeps giving me the basically the same 4 pages of topics that are not specific to what I'm looking for.

I've got a Customer that wants to "Temporarily" set up a RV Trailer, till next Spring, on the site where a Mobile home was set up. Their is a metered 200 Amp Outdoor Disconnect already installed from 2006 with spaces & feed through lugs.

The Trailer power requirement is 30 Amp/ 120 Volt, & I want to add a 20A. GFI, so I'm looking at possibly a Connecticut 30A RV PANEL W/ 20A GFCI, or something similiar From C.H./Eaton.

This panel will be posted within approx. ten foot of the RV, & be approx. twenty foot from the Disconnect.

I'm thinking that I should run 8-3 UF to "said" panel.

It's been at least two years since I've installed any power source for a Mobile Home, let alone a RV hookup, & I want to dot my "i-s" & cross my "T-s" before I quote anything to this Customer.

Am I just typing in the wrong search words to find data on an installation like this? I used "NEMA 5-20R2 GFCI" & came up empty.

With all Respect,
David DeBord
When you Stand for The Truth, Sometimes you Stand Alone.

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Arc Flash Clothing, Gloves, KneePads, Tool Belts, Pouches, Tool Carriers, etc. etc....

#217657 - 10/01/16 08:59 PM Re: Recreational Trailer Power Supply [Re: David1]
gfretwell Offline

Loc: Estero,Fl,usa
You can run a regular 5-20 GFCI out there on 12ga UF and use the 30a-20a adapter that most RV guys carry or you could run a 10ga circuit on a single pole 30a breaker and use the 120v 30a receptacle Most RVs will run enough on 20a to make them usable.
Greg Fretwell

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals