The Electrical Contractor Network

ECN Electrical Forum
Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Register Now!

Register Now!

We want your input!

Featured:
   

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

   
Recent Posts
Sprinklered equipment 26-008
by bigpapa
12/02/16 04:24 PM
On Delay Relay with Auto Reset
by Potseal
12/01/16 09:59 AM
Wow, that was close!
by jraef
11/28/16 07:06 PM
Earthquake in New Zeeland
by RODALCO
11/27/16 11:25 PM
Calling all Non-US members!! (Non-US only)
by Tjia1981
11/27/16 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 13
HotLine1 9
Texas_Ranger 8
sparkyinak 7
Trumpy 6
Who's Online
1 registered (LongRunner), 221 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213730 - 07/04/14 09:42 AM HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
electure Offline

Member

Registered: 12/24/00
Posts: 4226
Loc: Fullerton, CA USA
To those in the United States:



Celebrate and Party & Stay Safe!
A special thanks to the Military that made all this possible.

_____________________________________________________

Happy 4th of July to everybody else, and Happy 5th of July to those the other side of the International Date Line.
(I guess I've included everyone)

Top
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
Arc Flash Clothing, Gloves, KneePads, Tool Belts, Pouches, Tool Carriers, etc. etc....

#213731 - 07/04/14 09:55 AM Re: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY [Re: electure]
HotLine1 Offline

Member

Registered: 04/03/02
Posts: 6804
Loc: Brick, NJ USA
A big 'ditto' from me.
_________________________
John

Top
#213732 - 07/04/14 10:25 AM Re: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY [Re: electure]
renosteinke Offline
Cat Servant
Member

Registered: 01/22/05
Posts: 5305
Loc: Blue Collar Country
I recommend the film "America" as an exceptionally appropriate film to go see this holiday. It should have opened yesterday at a theater near you. (With the other films expected to be released soon, I don't expect "America" will play for more than one week).

The film is about what makes us special- and how the world would have lost out had there never been an America.

Ironically, many of those who read this post will return to work Monday - and enthusiastically resume doing their utmost to make America "just like everyone else."

Think about that, the next time you argue for more rules, more bureaucrats, more licensing. Then ask yourself: Just how did we make it this long without them?

I'd wish everyone a good time celebrating with the traditional fireworks and BBQ's ... except that BOTH are illegal in some places. Heck, some places even object to your putting out the Flag. Now, there's something to really think about.

Top
#213734 - 07/04/14 02:38 PM Re: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY [Re: electure]
Tesla Offline
Member

Registered: 06/16/04
Posts: 1280
Loc: Sacramento, CA
I just left the theatre and must second renosteinke's thumbs up.


Edited by Tesla (07/04/14 02:38 PM)
_________________________
Tesla

Top
#213735 - 07/04/14 06:58 PM Re: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY [Re: electure]
gfretwell Offline

Member

Registered: 07/20/04
Posts: 9045
Loc: Estero,Fl,usa
We are going to make a big bang.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/july4.wmv

Thirteen 500 gram "cakes", 17 2" mortars fused to run about 7 minutes, glued down to a 2x8 plywood plank. (Light it and run)
_________________________
Greg Fretwell

Top
#213736 - 07/04/14 08:11 PM Re: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY [Re: electure]
electure Offline

Member

Registered: 12/24/00
Posts: 4226
Loc: Fullerton, CA USA


That's ultra impressive, Greg.

thumbs clap

Top
#213737 - 07/04/14 11:24 PM Re: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY [Re: electure]
gfretwell Offline

Member

Registered: 07/20/04
Posts: 9045
Loc: Estero,Fl,usa
It came off great. The camera was not aimed right at the beginning but I got the bursts in frame a little ways in.
If I do this again I need to film from farther away to get it all in. I was 100' away as it was.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Fireworks%20July4%202014.wmv
_________________________
Greg Fretwell

Top
#213740 - 07/05/14 12:31 PM Re: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY [Re: electure]
HotLine1 Offline

Member

Registered: 04/03/02
Posts: 6804
Loc: Brick, NJ USA
Nice!!!
Your stockpile up here would possibly get you an unwanted visit.
_________________________
John

Top
#213741 - 07/05/14 02:05 PM Re: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY [Re: electure]
geoff in UK Online   content
Member

Registered: 12/30/02
Posts: 172
Loc: UK
Superb display! Thank you.

Top
#213746 - 07/06/14 05:42 PM Re: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY [Re: electure]
Scott35 Offline

Broom Pusher and
Member

Registered: 10/19/00
Posts: 2724
Loc: Anaheim, CA. USA
Nice Cakes and Shells!!!

It has been many Years since We purchased any "Fun Stuff"... smile
We used to Drive to a City in South West Nevada - bordering Death Valley, to make our "Fun Stuff" purchases.
This City has an abundance of Brothels and Firework retail Stores.
The City's Name rhymes with what the Governor's Staff said in "Blazing Saddles":
Governor: "I didn't get a 'Hurrumph' out of that Guy"
Headley Lamarr: "Give the Governor a 'Hurrumph'"
Guy: "'Hurrumph'"
Governor: "You watch your A$$"

--- [end Blazing Saddles mode] ---

This Year, as has been common for several past Years, we did not participate in the Discharging of Pyrotechnical items, just observed the luminous displays provided by others.
The Ratio for "Legal -vs- Illegal" items appears to be on a Linear increase, with the latter of the Two increasing each Year.
In 2012: Persons at the Park next to our House Discharging "Safe & Sane" (i.e.: "Legal") Fireworks, made up 50% of the total Pyrophiles;
In 2013: there were 40% with "Safe & Sane" (i.e.: "Legal") Fireworks, the remaining 60% Pyrophiles having "Unsafe & Insane" (i.e.: "Illegal") Fireworks;
This Year: there were apx. 30% of the total Pyrophiles with "Safe & Sane" (i.e.: "Legal") Fireworks, the remaining 70% Pyrophiles discharging "Unsafe & Insane" (i.e.: "Illegal") Fireworks.

Attached are Two Images of "Unsafe & Insane" fun stuff from back in 2003, showing various size / weight Cakes, 2" Shells, 36" Sparklers, various size Roman Candles, Battery Rockets, Buzz Bombs and Bricks of Firecrackers.

--Scott (EE)


Attachments
PYROTECH02_2003.jpg

Description: "Small" Cache from 2003

PYROTECH04_2003.jpg

Description: Closer view of 2003 stuff


_________________________
Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!

Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >



ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals