ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#211430 - 10/11/13 05:39 PM Ridiculous Codes or Products - GPS
twh Offline
Loc: Regina, Sask.
My gripe is the GPS with lifetime maps. After a year the GPS notified me that it was time to update the maps. Before I got it done, the GPS died. Too bad the equipment doesn't last a lifetime. I guess lifetime maps don't really matter.

The replacement GPS had a disk to stick to the dash so the suction cup could attach to something smooth. Every morning I had to pick the GPS up off the floor, so I quit using it. The disk, though is stuck solid.

Who designs this stuff?
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#211432 - 10/11/13 06:51 PM Re: Ridiculous Codes or Products - GPS [Re: twh]
HotLine1 Offline

Loc: Brick, NJ USA
I update my maps when it pops up on the screen, unit is about 3 years old, have no issues.

I have the disc mounted to my dash with HD Velcro, as the flat disc don't like the slight taper in the dash. No issues with the HD Velcro.

I put it on the dash 3-4 times a week for my P/T towns, and leave it mounted a lot more than I should.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 51
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 17
Trumpy 16
Ruben Rocha 13

Newest Members
clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2, sureshazhagai

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals