ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209905 - 05/12/13 04:26 PM smoke from overheated transformer in White House
wa2ise Offline
Member
Registered: 11/29/02
Posts: 782
Loc: Oradell NJ USA
A news blurb in the local paper Washington Post article

"Reporters and photographers were evacuated briefly from the West Wing of the White House early Saturday because of smoke from an overheated transformer in a mechanical room."

"at about 7 a.m., smoke was seen coming from a mechanical room closet on the first floor."
Top
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#209918 - 05/14/13 12:00 AM Re: smoke from overheated transformer in White House [Re: wa2ise]
JoeTestingEngr Offline
Member
Registered: 11/04/05
Posts: 781
Loc: Chicago, Il.
I wonder if Michelle caught him in there? It's a filthy habit but I've never seen anyone blame a transformer!
Top

Member Spotlight
Member Since: 12/24/00
Posts: 4259
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box


Who's Online
2 registered (gfretwell, sparkyinak), 53 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
 
Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 49
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 18
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9
 
Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals