by sparky
Today at 07:30 PM
230 or 345 kV transmission lines?
by Vlado
09/24/16 09:33 AM
Electrical mast flashing product
by ThomasWinfrey
09/22/16 12:14 AM
What estimating software do you recommend?
by sparky
09/21/16 07:20 PM
"Dry Run" Inspection goes awry
by HotLine1
09/20/16 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
HotLine1 14
sparky 10
sparky66wv 8
gfretwell 8
Vlado 6
Who's Online
0 registered (), 259 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207658 - 11/16/12 12:22 PM HOT RECALL NOTICE IN THE SAFETY AND RECALL SECTION
sparkyinak Offline

Loc: Alaska
Hey my fellow sparkainators, I posted a recall from CPSC for the popular Honda EU200i portable generator. I myself don't always drift down that far on the board however if you have puchased a new one within the last year, you definently want to check it out.

Stay safe

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Arc Flash Clothing, Gloves, KneePads, Tool Belts, Pouches, Tool Carriers, etc. etc....

#207669 - 11/18/12 01:39 PM Re: HOT RECALL NOTICE IN THE SAFETY AND RECALL SECTION [Re: sparkyinak]
renosteinke Offline
Cat Servant

Loc: Blue Collar Country
Popular?

How can a generator that sells for 6x it's competition be 'popular?'

Wait. It is bought by many. It has a great reputation. It's quiet, tough, reliable. It runs forever on a thimble of gas. It's power quality is excellent.

Not quite the same as the Chitty-chitty-bang-bang version you can find at the auto parts & imports store.

OK, so no one's perfect. Oops. Compare this 'voluntary recall' though, to the lie & deny practiced by so many firms, whose "guarantee" is only an assertion that if anything breaks, it must be your fault.

There are lessons in this story.

#207681 - 11/19/12 07:57 PM Re: HOT RECALL NOTICE IN THE SAFETY AND RECALL SECTION [Re: sparkyinak]
Lostazhell Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, CA (Originally Or...
Considering what the east coast has been through, I'm sure there's a few out there.. My company has a bad habit of buying gens on the cheap (Harbor Freight)so they tend to last a couple years (maybe!) A guy I work around has a Honda 2KW generator going on about 7 years old..

#207745 - 11/24/12 09:03 AM Re: HOT RECALL NOTICE IN THE SAFETY AND RECALL SECTION [Re: sparkyinak]
harold endean Offline

Loc: Boonton, NJ
I am in northern NJ with John and we survived Sandy. The destruction around here was terrible Downed lines, poles, transformers etc. Lost power for 6 days and some people around here lost power for 2 weeks. Last Monday I had 15 new permits to plane review. 10 of them were for generators. Most gen sets were for whole houses gens.

#207762 - 11/25/12 08:26 AM Re: HOT RECALL NOTICE IN THE SAFETY AND RECALL SECTION [Re: sparkyinak]
mikethebull Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Here in southern New England only a small amont of people lost power. But, it was still for two to four weeks. And all the home improvement stores were sold out of generators until recently.

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals