by Potseal
Yesterday at 09:59 AM
Wow, that was close!
by jraef
11/28/16 07:06 PM
Earthquake in New Zeeland
by RODALCO
11/27/16 11:25 PM
Calling all Non-US members!! (Non-US only)
by Tjia1981
11/27/16 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm² flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 15
HotLine1 10
Texas_Ranger 9
Trumpy 8
sparkyinak 7
Who's Online
0 registered (), 203 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20536 - 01/15/03 03:54 PM Anyone on here live in or around Lubbock, texas i have some questions about the area.
jlhmaint Offline

Loc: Fredericktown, OH, U.S.A
I will be flying down to Lubbock, texas for a job interview and wondered what you guys thought of the area i live north of Columbus ohio right now.

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Arc Flash Clothing, Gloves, KneePads, Tool Belts, Pouches, Tool Carriers, etc. etc....

#20537 - 01/15/03 04:45 PM Re: Anyone on here live in or around Lubbock, texas i have some questions about the area.
spyder Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I visited the area a couple of years ago for a long weekend to vistit some friends. Lubbock offered great food and people, but it is not the most scenic place in the world. The campus of Texas Tech offered added excitement. Real estate seemed quite reasonable. Hope this helps.

#20538 - 01/16/03 03:32 AM Re: Anyone on here live in or around Lubbock, texas i have some questions about the area.
Trainwire Offline

Loc: Strasburg,PA,USA
That's out in the Pine barrens isn't it? People are ok, typical texas attitude. Spent 5 years in Longview, which is about 2 hours from Dallas. Get yself a pickup, and learn to talk suthen.

TW

#20539 - 01/17/03 04:21 PM Re: Anyone on here live in or around Lubbock, texas i have some questions about the area.
txsparky Offline

Loc: Magnolia,.Texas U.S.A.
Come on down Jerry.There's plenty of room and lotsa fishin and huntin spots.

#20540 - 01/17/03 06:57 PM Re: Anyone on here live in or around Lubbock, texas i have some questions about the area.
jlhmaint Offline

I believe i will be coming down next thursday and friday. to interview and see the area a little. I will post about it and hope to by a digital camera this weekend and take some pics. were do you live and what do you do (work for or have own buisness)
TXsparky

#20541 - 01/17/03 07:51 PM Re: Anyone on here live in or around Lubbock, texas i have some questions about the area.
txsparky Offline

Loc: Magnolia,.Texas U.S.A.
I work for D.H.Electric in Conroe,Texas about 40 miles north of Houston.I've been off for awhile though because of back surgery in August.A bricklayer knocked a cinder block off of a scaffold and I was hit on top of the head with it (thank God I had a hardhat on).It messed up discs in my neck and low back.Starting to get better now as long as I take all of the meds.the docs have me on.

#20542 - 01/17/03 07:56 PM Re: Anyone on here live in or around Lubbock, texas i have some questions about the area.
bobp Offline

Loc: Puyallup, WA, USA
Lived in Lubbock back in the early 60's (no jokes guys) and lived in Westerville, OH in the late 60's. Given my druthers, Lubbock any day. Both are hot, but Lubbock didn't have the humidity that OH did, although Lubbock had some real nasty dust storms. But, still would vote for Lubbock.

Bob

#20543 - 01/17/03 08:21 PM Re: Anyone on here live in or around Lubbock, texas i have some questions about the area.
Bjarney Offline

Loc: West-Southern Inner-Northeast ...
Not been to Lubbock, but there is a great radio station there that also broadcasts on the internet…KDAV-AM. It now requires a subscription to listen, but is a very fine operation with excellent programming.

#20544 - 01/19/03 11:46 AM Re: Anyone on here live in or around Lubbock, texas i have some questions about the area.
The Watt Doctor Offline

Loc: Mont Belvieu, TX
Lubbock is north of central Texas, south of north Texas, east of west Texas, and west of east Texas.....dang....where is it?....I would say, "It doesn't matter....as long as it is in Texas." So hurry up, and get down here. Best of luck to you. I hope things work out for you. If you need any thing, you've got my e-mail address.

The stars at night are big and bright deep in the heart of Texas,
Doc

#20545 - 01/19/03 02:44 PM Re: Anyone on here live in or around Lubbock, texas i have some questions about the area.
jlhmaint Offline

Thanks wattdoctor, and everyone else i will let you all know what i think when i return.

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals