ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202237 - 07/24/11 02:19 PM 3 wire knob and tube circuits?
crselectric Offline
Loc: albany, ca
I'm Trouble shooting a house with a back feed from two circuits that go to old knob and tube wiring. One circuit has load coming back on the return wire from another circuit. Orig'l basement feed wiring is replaced with romex, two circuits were in seperate panels, now in one new panel, I'm a little concerned how to protect the circuit? leave it on 120/240 multi-wire ckt, count actual load and make all one, 1 pole circuit? find the combined neutral point in the new feeds (might be in walls). understand this house is loaded with furniture, and has had some remuddling. my concern is some loads are AV equip. and computers. I dont want loss of neutral to put 240 across equipment, anyone have experience using "Short Stop" tool. Owner has only been here since 2007 so has no knowledge of system.
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 51
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 17
Trumpy 16
Ruben Rocha 13

Newest Members
clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2, sureshazhagai

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals