ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200785 - 04/19/11 08:42 AM What The Dog Saw
renosteinke Offline
Cat Servant
Loc: Blue Collar Country
.... is the name of a book that collects various articles from "The New Yorker" magazine. The opening story is a biography of Ron Popeil, the 'king' of the TV infomercial.

In discussing his pitch, Ron matter-of-fact states "I know how to ask for money." That, I believe, is where we all tend to stumble. We don't know how to ask the customer for money.
Business, Office, Estimating, Legal:
#200787 - 04/19/11 12:03 PM Re: What The Dog Saw [Re: renosteinke]
ghost307 Offline
Loc: Chicago Illinois USA
When I went to a sales course, I was told that a large percentage of salesmen struggle even though they're well-liked and respected by their prospective customers.

The biggest reason was that they never asked for the order. They just assumed that as a reward for all the help they had given to the prospective buyer...they would get it.

Remember...always ask for the order/work/money or you can't complain about not getting it.
#200790 - 04/19/11 05:01 PM Re: What The Dog Saw [Re: renosteinke]
gfretwell Offline

Loc: Estero,Fl,usa
A "salesman" who doesn't know how to ask for the money is just generating leads. The salesman is the one who closes the deal with a check in his hand ... cash is better wink

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (Admin, sparkyinak), 74 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 49
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 18
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals