ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1995 - 06/15/01 12:24 PM Pole riser weatherhead
dtl66 Offline
Loc: New Bern, North Carolina
I have been trying to find a conduit fitting but I am not sure of the proper term for what I am looking so I thought maybe someone here could help. The fitting I am looking seals around the individual conductors where they exit the conduit such as on a pole riser. I have installed them before on medium and high voltage apps. where you want to avoid the sharp bend of a standard weatherhead but I have never purchased one. I am wondering if the use of U-guard by utilities for this purpose has made these connectors almost obsolete. If anybody thinks they know what I am looking for I would appreciate any info.
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#1996 - 06/15/01 02:20 PM Re: Pole riser weatherhead
sparky Offline
Hello dtl66;
welcome!
i have heard that item refered to as a 'conulator' (*SP*) by the utilities, maybe others will clarify this better...

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 51
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 17
Trumpy 16
Ruben Rocha 13

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals