ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#19721 01/02/03 10:53 AM
T
...Your digital camera may.

For example, looking down (sort of like a tunnel) the space between joists, etc. Sometimes there isn't enough room to maneuver to be able to see.

If your camera has an instant preview feature, that's even better, so you don't have to wait to upload the pictures.

Remember to hold on to the camera! [Linked Image]

(There are other devices on the market used for looking into areas that are not easy to reach, but if you already own a camera...)

S
Good tip

C
That is a great idea!

Here is another tip that is great for CYA.
This came up in our engineering design class on proving and protecting patents.
It can used by anyone who wants to document and protect themselves in potentially sticky situations.

Take your digital camera pictures and burn them onto a CD. Write a description of the contents of the CD and put it into an appropriate envelope.
Go to the post office and mail it to yourself.

When you recieve it... DO NOT OPEN IT!!!!

For less than 2 bucks, you now have an "OFFICIAL US GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT" that will stand up in court. It must be opened by the court. Certified Mail or Registered Mail is even better. In most cases, just the postmark will suffice.

This can also be applied to disposable cameras along with the accompanying negatives.

I have a disposible camera in the dash of each of my vehicles with instructions that if my wife or I are ever in an accident to take it out and shoot a lot of pictures.

Link Copied to Clipboard