ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#194168 - 05/13/10 05:59 PM ESA Plan Approval
DGSparky Offline
Loc: GTA Ontario, Canada
I am currently looking at a 50 or 140KW solar install. According to the Electrical Safety Authority (Ontario) anything over 10KW of generation tied to the grid requires a 'plan approval'. Has anyone been through a plan approval weather solar or not? They charge any hourly rate, but they were unable to tell me how long my project would take, any thoughts?
Tools for Electricians:
#194175 - 05/13/10 09:07 PM Re: ESA Plan Approval [Re: DGSparky]
HotLine1 Offline

Loc: Brick, NJ USA
I do Plan Review here in NJ, solar, and everything else electrically. Sure would be nice to have an hourly rate! (LOL)

Plan review is part of the permit application & approval process, and there are no 'Plan Review Fees'. The only exception involves projects that are submitted without prior approvals (Zoning/Planing Board, etc) which are subject to a charge, based on 20% of the electrical permit fees.

Again, interesting information learned via ECN

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals