ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
L
LarryC Offline OP
Does anyone else have an issue when typing on this site that the box only gives you 12 lines of text and then it starts bouncing back up to the top 10 lines and you are then typing blind?

I had to type this line without actually seeing it! Is this a "design feature" to limit the size of replies? smile

Larry C

I
tried
this
on
both
the
text
boxes
and
found
that
I
had
no
problems,
Larry,
so
I
think
it
might
be
your
computer.
grin

Alan

Wood work but can't!
L
LarryC Offline OP
Thank you Alan. grin

What OS and communication software are you using?

Larry,
At the end of the tools bar on the window where you type in what you want to post, you will see two arrows, click on the "down" arrow, this makes the window bigger.

Hope this helps,

Mike.

Larry, I'll be the first to admit, as an old man who did maths at school and college with log books and in my head and saw his first slide-rule after getting married, to being as thick as a plank on anything high tech. Happily ignorant! My entire computer was built from scratch & set up by Robert, an old friend hailing from Detroit. He tells me it's very fast and powerful and stuff, so that's all right then! I'm on Windows XP & use Outlook Express. I tried that Mozzerella Firefog thingummy, but it was not for me. [Sorry Mike!]. I'm on ADSL broadband, no limit and have so far resisted a livebox & losing my fixed land line to get free calls and tv, as I use Skype to call England anyway. I get about 1,2 meg speed out of the phone line to the nearest hick town, which is the most it can handle even though my provider boasts 8 meg.
Anything goes wrong I phone Robert, as he has a French mom, is very fluent and a bit of a computer expert!
Usually the charge is, I open a couple bottles of Old Speckled Hen Bitter beer [ warm of course!]. He'll learn to like it one day!! laugh

Lissen: Why buy a dog and bark?

Wood work but can't!

Link Copied to Clipboard