ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177834 - 05/13/08 09:33 AM 2nd and 3rd degree burns for the birds
electech Offline
Loc: Northern Il
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-512shocked,0,1000539.story

"A man trying to pluck a parakeet nest from the top of a power station was shocked by a live wire and received several burns Monday afternoon, authorities said."

"Police believe Fritzon may have been trying to collect the parakeet eggs to sell at a pet store."

Weird. I can't imagine a few parakeet eggs could possibly be worth enough cash to bother trespassing and risking your own life over. I'm going with a different motivation than the one the police are speculating on - the injured man just wanted some cool wild parakeet eggs to try to hatch at home. Maybe I just don't know enough about Parakeets and there are some very expensive types in Florida?

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
#177854 - 05/13/08 06:40 PM Re: 2nd and 3rd degree burns for the birds [Re: electech]
sparkyinak Offline
Loc: Alaska
That's a Darwin award in the makin' right there

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals