Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#174911 - 02/16/08 06:59 PM Ugly Service
Webmaster Offline

Administrator

Loc: NY, USA
Quote:
This was one I saw while driving by. It drove me nuts. I finally talked to the AHJ and it was replaced.

Ob

2014 / 2011 NEC & Related Books and Study Guides
#174973 - 02/18/08 04:32 PM Re: Ugly Service [Re: Webmaster]
Theelectrikid Offline

Loc: Levittown, PA
Wow, I thought this house's (town's) service was ugly. Nice to hear it was replaced.

On another note, can we please get some pictures of nice, half-ways decent SE installs?

Ian A.

#174979 - 02/18/08 06:20 PM Re: Ugly Service [Re: Theelectrikid]
NORCAL Offline

Originally Posted By: Theelectrikid

On another note, can we please get some pictures of nice, half-ways decent SE installs?

Ian A.

Not possable for a decent SE install, they look like hell any way one stacks it.

#174983 - 02/18/08 08:17 PM Re: Ugly Service [Re: NORCAL]
Theelectrikid Offline

Loc: Levittown, PA
I've actually seen a few that look decent in my Northeast eyes, but didn't have the camera with me. Heck, four of the seven I can remember right now have either burned down or been torn down to make way for a second story. (And the lowest-bidder replacements always look like crap.)

There's about as many decent SE installs around here as there is masts, to put things in perspective. Hmm, I gotta get a pic of a Levittowner's original 4X4 mast w/ SE cable, at least they looked good.

Ian A.

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals