ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
etech Offline OP
Being a journeyman electrician is one thing, running a business ia another. I am an apprentice all over again in the business aspect of the trade. Thank God we have this forum for support and advice!

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
S
As the saying goes, "If it was easy, everyone would be doing it." Sometimes the best education is the school of hard knocks. I agree with on that it good to have these message boards. It is kind on like sitting around the proverbial "watering hole" and talking shop.

Last edited by sparkyinak; 01/02/08 01:05 PM.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Cat Servant
I am half of a two man business ... and the 'other guy' handles 90% of the 'business' end. I've got almost as perfect a spot to watch the inner workings as you could dream for.

Yet, the thought of going it alone scares me silly! There are so many 'little things' to keep on top of! You're right - business is a trade in itself.

W
Reno, I am the guy that handles all the business for our two man shop, and as you say it is a job in itself. I never dreamed there would be so much work involved in keeping the business end up, compared to all this the regular sparky stuff is easy.

Jimmy

Life is tough, Life is tougher when you are stupid
S
I agree 100%. Handling the business of a 4-man shop is a lot more work than being a sparky. I'm finding that staying one-step ahead of the crew by keeping the schedule on-track is probably the biggest challenge.

Sixer

"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"

Link Copied to Clipboard