ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#173004 12/31/07 12:34 PM
L
leland Offline OP
Winter that is. Just got my 1st of the season..."AHhh,I just hit a big pipe with my BoB-Cat, Can You come right away and look at it?" Call.

KA-CHING!!

R
LOL one of those eh? What were they doing digging with the machine or clearing snow and sheared off a pipe?
I hate those calls as I had one about 3 weeks ago to repair an underground conduit, problem being it was cold wet, muddy and snowing... Good thing I go back to sparky school on the 7'th for 10 weeks where its going to be nice, warm and dry wink

A.D

L
leland Offline OP
Happy New year!

Snow removal! Only a 2" phone riser.Snapped of the LB.
Scheduled phone co for Wed. AM.

No Biggy.

I
I was sent last week to one small lot in West Hartford CT, the plow guy took out two out of eight poles in one night.

They had a large loader with the big pusher on it....

[Linked Image from snopusher.com]

......must have been his first day with the big stuff. smile

I also noticed a lot of rubble in the snow piles, sections of torn up fences, crushed shopping carts, curbs.....:D the owner of the plaza is going to flip out come spring and all the damage is exposed. laugh

Last edited by iwire; 01/01/08 11:48 AM.

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
LOL Bob!,
That things enormous.

[Linked Image]

F
i have repaired few parking lot luminaires post go off from the base.

I dont know why but seems the plow driver used them as target pratice or one of [ beeped ] plyon thing and i did one not too long ago the base is rather meaty base it have 30 inch diamater [3/4 metre ] base with 5 feet [ 1 1/2 metre] deep and koncked half of it off i say WHAT??
the only hevey thing can knock it off either large front end loader or hevey laden plow truck konck them off.

Merci, Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

W
Where I am in Maine we've had over 50 inches of snow in the last 4 weeks, 20 inches in the last 3 days. Lots of broken stuff:).

R
A number of years ago I had a trouble call for power problems at a small commerical office. When I got there, I found that the 3 phase service was single phased. The power distribution was overhead with cutouts on the pole and an underground run to the transformer on the back side of the building. I called the utility and when he got there he saw an open cutout on the pole and went up in the bucket with his short hot stick to re-fuse it. When he closed it back in, it went off like a shotgun. Come to find out that the snow plow guy had pushed snow up over the pad mount transformer and moved it enough to short out one of the primary conductors.
Don

Don(resqcapt19)
G
Every time the greens keeper at my wife's place digs a hole he seems to hit something. So far he has a 1" water line, the circuits to the 120v landscape lights (several times) and a fiber and that is only the six months she has been the manager there.

Greg Fretwell
S
I guess he does not know who to call for a locate prior to digging

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard