ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
H
HEI_Inc Offline OP
I've been having some trouble with a certain GC regarding payments. The last project I worked on for him I STRONGLY suggested to the homeowner that they request lien waivers from the GC before dispensing any more funds. I told the H.O. that the GC was falling into a 'rob Peter to pay Paul' cycle. He swore he would.

They did yet when it came down to the final waiver, they paid the GC in full. The GC said he would mail his final waiver AND mine to them. The only problem is the GC doesn't have a final waiver from me because I haven't been paid.

You can lead a horse to water......

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
G
When I had my house built, I told all the subs that they needed to provide lien waivers in order to get their final payment.

I stood there with my check, they handed me the waiver, I handed over the dough.

Sometimes you end up dealing with folks who like to play games, but it's always a pleasure to deal with professionals and adults.

Ghost307
T
Likewise, I wouldn't hand over the check without the Final Waiver. It's a mutual transaction.

Dave

Link Copied to Clipboard