ECN Electrical Forum
Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171261 - 11/23/07 10:11 AM Oh count the ways to say "That should do it."
Webmaster Offline

Loc: NY, USA
I found these jewels in attic. Home owner complained that they were getting shocked in the bath.
GC removed bath flooring (tile) to find knob and tube wiring. K n T was in very poor shape. so we come in to remove and replace and find home owner handy work. I heard today that the seller(Mr.handy man) told the owners that there was NO knob and tube in the house.

- Thomas L.

2014 / 2011 NEC & Related Books and Study Guides
#171264 - 11/23/07 11:30 AM Re: Oh count the ways to say "That should do it." [Re: Webmaster]
leland Offline

Loc: Lowell area, Ma. USA
At least they used gromets.Marine tape could've helped aswell.

#171269 - 11/23/07 12:06 PM Re: Oh count the ways to say "That should do it." [Re: leland]
steve ancient apprentice Offline

Loc: west springfield,mass
No knob & tube? Someone is not telling the truth. As usual no responsibility for the actions !!!! How many times have we heard this ( Not me I didnt do it) GOOD CATCH

#171270 - 11/23/07 12:51 PM Re: Oh count the ways to say "That should do it." [Re: steve ancient apprentice]
Dodahdiver Offline

Loc: wichita KS, USA
As a bonus the wire nut on the black wires in the handy box fell off when I barely touched it. I used a small vacuum to remove the insulation
back in doo da

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals