ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#169999 - 10/23/07 08:16 AM VFD drives and wiring practices
Reel-Break Offline
Loc: nc
Hello been a while but here goes. I`m installing a Varible frequency drive cabinet feeding 2 50 hp fans.They are currently running from 2 independent breakers and starters in mcc panel my question is can I run from the breaker from fan 1 in mcc to a diconnect(breaker) in the new vfd cabinet. Then run from breaker in mcc from fan 2 to breaker inside vfd cabinet. I have 2 separate breakers in the vfd cabinet or should I run A feeder capable of handling both motors and have a single disconnecting means for the entire panel then come out to my 2 separate breakers for the vfd`s.Option 1 is the most economical but in my mind even with lableing there seems to some safety issues with separate feeds in the same cabinet. Hope I didn`t mess this up to bad with the explaination.Please give some code ref if possible so I can read up if option 1 is a no no. Thanks
2017 / 2014 NEC & Related Books and Study Guides

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals