Hi all: I spend a lot of time reading the post on this site and have learned a lot from you guys. I had a call from a motel that I do service calls for,saying That a man in the hot tub touched the light in the hot tub with his foot and got a shock, and at the same time, the power to the whole building shut off - then came back on - then went off again. I was several miles away so I had them call POCO. When I got there, one of the 15kva wires had failed close to the transformer. They spent most the night replaceing the wire all the way out to the street. My question is: Could this 15kva short in the ground have sent volts thru the earth to the water in the hot tub which has been leaking water for a long time and this man just happen to touch the wetnitch light which was grounded at the same time as the short happened? The man is okay, and the POCO was back today looking to see where they could add some more ground rods around the transfomer. No GFIs popped and all tested good. The hot tub is about 50ft. from the transfomer. Thanks, Cal.