ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#168897 - 09/19/07 11:50 AM Anyone from the Portland/Tillamook Oregon Area?
Helectric Offline
Loc: Brandon, SD
I've received a couple of job offers from the Portland and Tillamook Oregon area and was wondering if anyone here can tell me something about the area and the job market there?
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#168904 - 09/19/07 05:42 PM Re: Anyone from the Portland/Tillamook Oregon Area? [Re: Helectric]
JoeTestingEngr Offline
Loc: Chicago, Il.
http://www.homefair.com/Find_A_Place/Calculators/SalaryCalc/results.asp

Just a link for the area and what you might expect.
Good luck,
Joe
#168935 - 09/20/07 09:16 PM Re: Anyone from the Portland/Tillamook Oregon Area? [Re: JoeTestingEngr]
noderaser Offline
Loc: Portland, Oregon, United State...
I can't speak for the contractor's market, but there sure are a lot of @#$%ing new houses being built on every spare inch of land. There are also some industrial projects going on, such as expanding light rail and whatnot.

Being a native of the area, I get pretty upset at all the sprawl. So many nice places in the area are now covered by LA-style houses spaced only a few feet apart. Sad.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 55 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals