ECN Electrical Forum
Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#168877 - 09/18/07 07:19 PM Interesting Vacation House Wiring
Webmaster Offline

Loc: NY, USA
This spring we had the good fortune to be able to spend a few days on the beach with our extended family in a very nice rental. I did notice a few interesting things though that I thought were worth sharing. While unloading groceries into the kitchen cabinets the first day I noticed some romex peaking out in one of the shelves...

swinging the metal shelves out of the way revealed a flying splice in a strange place.

it goes in through a hole drilled in the back of the cabinet. My first thought was for cabinet lights or something, but the hole is only 3 feet up from the floor, in the middle of the cabinet, not at the top. After that I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised to open a closet later and see this:

2014 / 2011 NEC & Related Books and Study Guides
#168883 - 09/18/07 08:59 PM Re: Interesting Vacation House Wiring [Re: Webmaster]
TOOL_5150 Offline

Loc: Bay Area
Well, at least its all grounded. \:\/

I have seen that last picture in real live way too many times.

I would rather beg for forgiveness then beg for permission.

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals