by sparky
Yesterday at 07:30 PM
230 or 345 kV transmission lines?
by Vlado
09/24/16 09:33 AM
Electrical mast flashing product
by ThomasWinfrey
09/22/16 12:14 AM
What estimating software do you recommend?
by sparky
09/21/16 07:20 PM
"Dry Run" Inspection goes awry
by HotLine1
09/20/16 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
HotLine1 14
sparky 10
sparky66wv 8
gfretwell 8
Vlado 6
Who's Online
1 registered (ampherder), 63 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167995 - 08/24/07 10:19 PM OT...Just got out of the hospital.. :(
mxslick Offline

Loc: Atomic City, ID USA
Hi all: I just got back from a three-day stay in the hospital. I had a clot in my left leg which travelled into both my lungs. (DVT and double pulmonary embolism for you medical savvy types.)This is no joke, and it was according to the doctors a near-fatal event. As you can guess I'm quite shaken by this and very tired, so I will be minimizing my online time for a while. I still have the clot in the leg,it is being treated by drugs and I get the joy of giving myself injections twice daily for the next week. With a bit of luck I am expected to fully recover although I'm still not out of danger yet.

I'm posting this as a reminder to all not to ignore your body's warning signs...in this case my leg was acting up for over a week(I thought I'd pulled a hamstring) and the clot actually hit me Saturday evening the 18th. I felt it on both sides but dismissed it as muscle spasms.

I'll update this as I get more info from the doctors...take care all. Don't let this happen to you.

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Arc Flash Clothing, Gloves, KneePads, Tool Belts, Pouches, Tool Carriers, etc. etc....

#167998 - 08/25/07 03:57 AM Re: OT...Just got out of the hospital.. :( [Re: mxslick]
Alan Belson Offline

Loc: Mayenne N. France
Get well soon, Tony and take it easy.

regards

Alan

#167999 - 08/25/07 04:48 AM Re: OT...Just got out of the hospital.. :( [Re: mxslick]
togol Offline

Loc: NW In. USA
Jeezus Tony I'm glad you caught that in time.... take care my friend, I hope you recover quickly

#168002 - 08/25/07 06:07 AM Re: OT...Just got out of the hospital.. :( [Re: togol]
Roger Offline

Loc: N.C.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Tony, hope you get well soon.

Roger

#168021 - 08/25/07 01:09 PM Re: OT...Just got out of the hospital.. :( [Re: Roger]
renosteinke Offline
Cat Servant

Loc: Blue Collar Country
Tony ... a friend of mine had a similar occurrence, and I think you're being a bit optimistic.

Sure, you'll recover, and be up to speed in no time. Just be prepared to be on blood thinners and testing, at varying intervals, for the next year.

Be wary of the side-effects of the thinners. You will bruise much more easily, and cuts will bleed more. You can forget about taking aspirin, advil, or naproxin.

#168029 - 08/25/07 03:12 PM Re: OT...Just got out of the hospital.. :( [Re: renosteinke]
iwire Offline

Loc: North Attleboro, MA USA
Tony stay optimistic. \:\)

I am sorry to here you had that problem, good to know you ended up getting it taken care of.

Good luck with a speedy recovery. \:\)

Bob

#168032 - 08/25/07 03:33 PM Re: OT...Just got out of the hospital.. :( [Re: iwire]
JoeTestingEngr Offline

Loc: Chicago, Il.
Tony,
You are in my prayers for a complete and speedy recovery! Please also dig deep into potential food interactions with any thinners they put you on.
Take care,
Joe

#168110 - 08/27/07 07:47 AM Re: OT...Just got out of the hospital.. :( [Re: JoeTestingEngr]
Gloria Offline

Loc: Budapest, Hungary
Get well soon, Tony!

#168219 - 08/29/07 12:27 PM Re: OT...Just got out of the hospital.. :( [Re: Gloria]
mxslick Offline

Loc: Atomic City, ID USA
Hi everyone:

Thank you all for your replies and the good news is that I am getting better every day. My first follow-up showed no damage to my lungs, and that the clot in my leg is dissolving as expected. I'm waiting for my labs to determine if I have to continue the injections, I am on the pill thinners for at least the next two months though.

After talking with my doctor, she feels that the cause appears to be my hereditary factors more than diet or other causes. Only time and testing will tell for sure.

I am regaining energy and overall feeling better!!

Cheers!!

#168222 - 08/29/07 12:58 PM Re: OT...Just got out of the hospital.. :( [Re: mxslick]
iwire Offline

Loc: North Attleboro, MA USA
Tony that is great news. \:\)

Thanks for the update.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals