ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166791 - 07/28/07 04:56 PM Smoke Alarms / Smoke Detectors
George Little Offline
Loc: Michigan USA
I am looking for a short video on smoke alarms/smoke detectors and where to locate them in a residence. Maybe something that would show how smoke travels and/or why it does travel that way. I remember a video on flashover that I think would work but I can't find it. Thanks in advance. George
#166805 - 07/28/07 10:11 PM Re: Smoke Alarms / Smoke Detectors [Re: George Little]
gfretwell Offline

Loc: Estero,Fl,usa
Personally I think making them accessible to the homeowner for periodic maintenance is more important than being able to catch every possible whiff of smoke as soon as possible. I properly working detector that takes an extra minute or two to detect the fire is better than one in the perfect spot but is inoperative and was never tested or serviced.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 51
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 17
Trumpy 16
Ruben Rocha 13

Newest Members
clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2, sureshazhagai

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals