ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166609 - 07/24/07 12:50 PM union
freddie Offline
Loc: virginia beach, va
I am trying to make a decision of going union or non-union. Can someone tell me if my knowledge of a union is accurate in the sentences below? (I know there is more to a union than this but this is just my general idea of a electrical union)
* Union employees work on larger projects.
* Union employees have a higher salary and better benefits.
* Union employees have hard workers and hard slackers who get paid the same amount.
* Union employees don’t have a set schedule.
* Union employees may only work half of the year, or can may work at one place for 3 yrs.
* After a project is complete your name goes on the bottom of the list for the next project.
* Union employees have to pay a fee to remain in the union even if unemployed on the waiting list.
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#166610 - 07/24/07 01:35 PM Re: union [Re: freddie]
Admin Offline

Administrator
Loc: NY, USA
Freddie,

As this, historically, can be a volitile topic I'm going to close this and ask that anyone wishing to respond do so by sending you a personal message.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (HotLine1), 81 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
KrmtFrg, Stack, Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals