1) Keep your mouth shut, the less you say about your business to your employees, clients and supply houses, the less they have to spread around and distort.
(I have a big mouth and one of the ways I keep it shut is to come here and spout off, it gives me that outlet while keeping my business private.)
2) Don’t do work without a contract and clearly defined scope.
3) Read your contract, and be prepared to walk away from the deal if you can not negotiate a deal that will make you money.
4) Work smart and don’t take short cuts that endanger your employees or license.
5) Follow the construction process, do your submittals, RFIs and documentation for every contract job.
6) Always pay your employees and suppliers even if you don’t get paid.
7) Keep your word, don’t comp numbers, and don’t shop your quotes.
8) Make money; never forget that there are people counting on you for their living too. If you don’t make money then you are not doing it right and you will go out of business.
9) Don’t let your insurance lap, and make sure you have enough.
10) Don’t let your lean rights run out.
101° Rx = + /_\