There is a virus hoax floating around that I just got. 30 minuets after sending the info to people in my address book I come to find out is not legit. It got me good even though I knew better. I(t came from an Architect)Here is the text:
TO EVERYONE ONE IN MY ADDRESS BOOK:
A virus has entered my address book. Please follow the following steps to make sure you can cure it. It's easy to do, so please do it ASAP. This virus is not detected by Norton, McAfee, or VET anti-virus systems. It sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It was sent automatically to everyone in my address book, whether or not I have sent emails to them. Here is how to check for the virus and get rid of it.
It would be helpful to print these instructions out, read them first and follow them exactly:
1. Go to Start, then find or search.
2. In the files/ folders option, type the name jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search your C drive and any other drives you may have.
4. Click 'find now'.
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT!!!!!!!!!!
6. Go to edit, choose 'select all' to highlight file without opening it.
7. Now go to File and select Delete. It will then go into the Recycle Bin.
8. Go to the Recycle Bin and delete it there as well.
IF YOU FIND THIS VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK SO THEY CAN FOLLOW THE ABOVE PROCEDURES.
1. Open a new email message
2. Click on address book next to 'To'
3. Click every name and add to 'BCC'
4. Copy this message and send.
5. Thanks and sorry about this. here
is a link for more info