ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165354 - 06/26/07 05:53 AM kitchen counter receptacles
sparkync Offline
Loc: NC
Just read part of "Electrical Contractor Magazine" and one of the answers to one of the questions on appliance garages. In the answer it was stated that the outlets could be no more than 2 ft. apart. In previous interpretations, I thought you could put them no more than 4 ft. apart, since the cord on the appliance will reach 2ft. in any direction. It's been a while since I've done a new house, so I just need to keep up the requirements. I think the last one I did, I put them no more than 4ft. apart, and it passed. thanks ... Steve
2017 / 2014 NEC & Related Books and Study Guides
#165355 - 06/26/07 06:07 AM Re: kitchen counter receptacles [Re: sparkync]
renosteinke Offline
Cat Servant
Loc: Blue Collar Country
The code actually says that no point along the wall be more than 2 ft from a receptacle. This is often understood as 4 ft. spacing.

Appliance garages are a joker in the deck ... in that receptacles within the garage do not count as the required receptacles.
#165382 - 06/26/07 03:36 PM Re: kitchen counter receptacles [Re: renosteinke]
ShockMe77 Offline
Loc: Rahway, New Jersey
I read the same bit from EC mag. I believe the interpretation is that no kitchen countertop receptacles can be further than 24" from the appliance garage.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (HotLine1, KrmtFrg), 55 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
KrmtFrg, Stack, Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals