ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#163404 - 05/07/07 03:07 PM Questions about getting a job?
RyanFF21 Offline
Loc: St. Louis, MO
Hi guys! This is my first post. Anyways I am currently attending Vatterot Technical College for being an Electrician. So far i'm half way through and have completed my General, Residential, and half of commercial..still have 20 weeks of industrial after that. I then plan on going on to getting my Associates Degree in Industrial Electricity.

Anyways, with going to school for this, what kind of jobs should I expect? Around what pay should I expect? Just wanting to get an idea so I can have a figure to compare.

I would like to get in to a union job, but I'm not sure how to do that since I didn't go through their training. Anyways if you could help me out on those questions, or have any ideas on how I can get in to a union job, or any advice or experiences, please let me know! Thanks a lot guys!
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 51
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 17
Trumpy 16
Ruben Rocha 13

Newest Members
clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2, sureshazhagai

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals