The chance of freezing is remote. Many well houses in the Branson MO area don't even have electric heaters. The well house contains several pressure tanks,two pressure pumps, the well and a chemical tank to service a 60 home subdivision. Old timers in the area think the idea is stupid. I feel if the board wants to be protected in case of a power failure a portable generator with a electric heater is a safer way to go. The propane gas leaking is a small possibility, but why take it. One electrican said it's a good idea if you want to blow the roof off. There are homes in close proximity to the well house along with residents walking by on a regular basis. The Board dosen't even know if our insurance will cover explosions. Resort owners don't even turn on their well house electric heaters as they feel it is a waste of money during the winter.