ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159164 - 11/13/06 05:43 PM Computer Software
Sparks26 Offline
I was wondering what kind of computer software you guys use. I was asked to look for some software for bidding residential jobs. Most of the bidding is done by hand then typed up. About the only program I use on a regular basis is Quick Books (not for bidding). I was wondering what everyone uses and if there is any really good software to have that I'm missing out on. Any software that is useful for any aspect I would be interested in taking a look at so please feel free to post away. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Business, Office, Estimating, Legal:
#159165 - 11/13/06 06:05 PM Re: Computer Software
Tiger Offline
Loc: Crystal Lake, IL USA
I use Excel and bid from experience...all residential remodeling. Some more information would be helpful...

Residential remodeling or new construction?
Do you keep records of past bids?

Dave

PS Welcome!
#159166 - 11/14/06 11:15 AM Re: Computer Software
bauler Offline
Loc: Littlerock, CA
Check out National Electrical Estimator at:
http://craftsman-book.com/products/info/cbccostbooks.htm

It covers everything, can be used with Quickbooks Pro. Hardly perfect, but a good start. You can download a free fully fuctional 30 day trial. Good luck with your quest.
#159167 - 11/14/06 12:26 PM Re: Computer Software
LK Offline
Loc: New Jersey
We also use the craftsman for estimates, and AyaNova for Service Software, they also work together, and both can be tied to Quickbooks Pro.
#159168 - 11/14/06 01:20 PM Re: Computer Software
Celtic Offline
Loc: NJ
Quote:
Check out National Electrical Estimator at: ]http://craftsman-book.com/products/info/cbccostbooks.htm

You can get TNE (The National Estimator)at Amazon for $33 (Craftsman wants $57).

I use TNE, Excel and a copy of the "Home Depot Worksite CD" (which is basically TNE, but I can update pricing everyday).

For a smaller business TNE, et al, are fine...once you get into jobs larger than residential and small commercial, you may want something a bit larger.
#159169 - 11/14/06 05:04 PM Re: Computer Software
Sparks26 Offline
Thanks that will give me some ideas and keep me busy if I need that right now. Don't know why but everyone around my area is swamped.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 51
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 17
Trumpy 16
Ruben Rocha 13

Newest Members
clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2, sureshazhagai

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals