Oh, this job was truly devised by the spawn of Satan. I am actually quite proud that MY stuff works!
As luck would have it, I did run pipe. At one point, I got confused, and ran an extra 3/4 pipe to the Ansul contactors- which turned out to be a truly lucky break, as (surprise) something was added. It's much easier to pull wires into an empty pipe, than a full one!
The current blower is fed by a pair of #12's in 1/2 pipe. I can probably run 3-#10's in their place, without much bother.
My "learning experience" here is that I ought to be able to 'figure the odds' when I make my first runs, as to the likely hood that there will be corections made. This time, I think I've lucked out.....making the change will not involve replacing an existing run of pipe, just pulling wires. This is a real consideration when your work interferes with the operation of a business.
I try to learn a little about the other trades so that I can better work with them. On this very job, my (limited) refrigeration experience led me to realise that the ice machine was missing a remote condenser- a major complication to wiring the unit! A last-minute panic was avoided as a result.
I guess what I really need is to find an HVAC forum comparable to ECN- not an easy act to follow!