ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#15415 - 10/17/02 12:13 PM "Professional" electrical work
lbartel Offline
I was trouble-shooting a bad 3-way switch. Removing the switch plates from both boxes revealed large holes broken out of the ends of the box where this particular light circuit entered and exited the boxes. Both are 3 gang boxes. This is presumably by the same electrician that didn't tighten the ground wire on the outlets switches. Why would he/she/it do that? All the other wires were done properly (as far as I can tell without cutting into the wall cavity).
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#15416 - 10/17/02 12:33 PM Re: "Professional" electrical work
sparkync Offline
Loc: NC
Sounds like someone added a couple wires in the switch box after the house was built and had to fish the wires up in the wall?????
#15417 - 10/17/02 01:56 PM Re: "Professional" electrical work
lbartel Offline
I doubt it. They would have had to remove a two gang box and replace it with a 3 gang box. So why bash a hole in the side? The wires for the other two switches are OK on the inside of the box. Perhaps he had trouble pulling the wire and needed to vent some anger. Both boxes are 3 gang boxes. Both have been "customized".

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (gfretwell), 90 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 49
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 18
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals