The Electrical Contractor Network

ECN Electrical Forum
Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153306 - 10/10/06 08:30 PM 3-Way, Bryant Light, Trans. & Lt., Wirenuts, Zinsco Breaker
Webmaster Offline

Administrator

Loc: NY, USA
submitted by HCE727:

Super Rod Cable Installation Tools

Super Rod Cable Rod System
Super Rod Cable Rod System -
Voted
Best Product of the Last 50 Years by members of NICEIC

#153307 - 10/11/06 11:44 AM Re: 3-Way, Bryant Light, Trans. & Lt., Wirenuts, Zinsco Breaker
cschow Offline

Loc: Boise, ID, USA
Cool stuff!
I have quite a handful of those rotary switches, in fact, just pulled one last week from the basement of a home ready for demo.

I've enver seen anything like that porcelain transformer before. what was it used for? Door bell?

#153308 - 10/13/06 04:49 PM Re: 3-Way, Bryant Light, Trans. & Lt., Wirenuts, Zinsco Breaker
Lostazhell Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, CA (Originally Or...
Ahhh very cool finds indeed I've only come across the twist switches once, I've got the older porcelain brother of that Bryant light socket, with a white twist handle...

An original Zinsco Magnetrip in the box.. I've yet to see one of those,... But I've got barrels of old ones

What is the transformer for??

#153309 - 10/13/06 05:08 PM Re: 3-Way, Bryant Light, Trans. & Lt., Wirenuts, Zinsco Breaker
HCE727 Offline

Loc: Delaware County, PA, USA
The transformer was for a doorbell.

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals