ECN Electrical Forum
Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152445 - 04/21/05 12:10 PM Widowmaker
electure Offline

Loc: Fullerton, CA USA
This is a hickey my Dad had when he was a contractor in the 50's. It's stamped 1 1/2" and is hollow. I does fit on 1 1/2" RMC. The handle would be 2 RMC. I have not attempted to bend with it. It's screwed into a 2" hub for display.

Super Rod Cable Installation Tools

Super Rod Cable Rod System
Super Rod Cable Rod System -
Best Product of the Last 50 Years by members of NICEIC

#152446 - 04/21/05 09:56 PM Re: Widowmaker
Alan Belson Offline

Loc: Mayenne N. France
This is a clever piece of technology. Good quality malleable-iron casting, crisp and accurate, with practically no fettling of the working surfaces- white-heart iron probably and it's hollow. It would have been cast round a sand-core which had to be broken up and removed out of the small hole, then heat-treated to remove the brittleness of the cast iron. No moving parts, but will still support the pipe being bent to reduce wall collapse. Why don't you have a go at a bend with it- you might find it works better than your knee!
Wood work but can't!

#152447 - 04/22/05 07:25 AM Re: Widowmaker
sandsnow Offline

Loc: Irvine, CA, USA
Well, I just might. We have a cabin in the desert without electricity. I plan on putting up an 1 1/2 riser just so I have an excuse to use it!
Larry LeVoir
City of Irvine, CA

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals